The ghosts are family

I grew up on the family farm. The land has been in the family since the 1840s. It is still a working farm and currently three generations of the family live there.

Well three living generations.

The farm is haunted and most of the ghosts are family. The oldest is a young girl killed in an Indian raid in the 1850s, the youngest is my grandmother, who died about 12 years ago.

Our little girl ghost likes to play tricks. My great grandfather once warned me and my cousins away from one of the few 'bad' , unsafe areas of the farm. Ive seen several projections of living family members (see them out the back door only for them to walk in the front door moments later) and its a running joke to ask where the animals are after something creepy happens.

I've seen shadows and balls of misty light. Ive stood in the family cemetary and noticed that the wind is blowing strongly outside the fence....but not inside. Ive heard voices and footsteps, felt things touch me and had things thrown and moved.

For the most part, none of it bothers me because most of the ghosts are family.

There are a couple exceptions, but those deserve a post of their own.

And that's just what happens on the farm.



Comments