Repetitive ticking noise in 300 yr old house

Just to start with, I'm fully aware of hallucinations and their types having finished my psych placement and med degree.

So to get with the problem, its this recurring ticking noise, like an old desk clock that usually is quite loud, rhythmic but maintains a similar pattern.

The most recent episode was this week past, for two days, the first time in the kitchen over the oven hob. So skeptical as I am I though its the oven with its timer but nope the ovens timer is an electonric beep. What happened was it began, ticking lasting 30s and stopped. I asked it to repeat and again it began. Repeated this a few times, sometimes the ticking was barely audible then flicking back to as loud as a clock parked in front of you.

The following day it bounced back to my room where its originated, as I first heard the noise years back in the my room. Again coming from a point over stuff in the room that couldnt quite possibly make a ticking noise it was there.

Interestingly my brothers heard it over the past few months, so its not something I alone have heard. Ive outruled rain, dodgy gutters, friendly inhabitants in the room, insects and other benign causes.

Ive spoken on the forum before about my house, its a 250-300 yr old house in Ireland, my Dads told a ghost of my mams uncle in his revolutionary uniform to FRO ( Irish speak to f*ck off).

Ive had problems with this ticking before, it once went on through a night one summer I was home from college. Its followed me when I moved from home for medical placements, to other regions in Ireland.

I am curious to know what it is, if anyones had experiences of something similar Id appreciate the input. OR if I can be referred to someone that could help.

Edit: Ive tried to record it, Ive had the nearest thing to a decent recorder ie my phone over the noise directly and the damn thing wouldnt pick up. I repeated it numerous times with no success, if I can record it ill post it here.



Comments