Need help with making a spirit box!

Hi, I’ve been wanting to get my hands on a spirit box for a while now, but I’m not really a fan of going out and buying a £70 “professional” one, since supposedly all that’s been done is cutting a wire on the circuit board and giving it a fancy name.

I’ve seen people make their own out of other cheap pocket radios, and was wondering if anyone could tell me if I would be able to do the same with this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XGWX43V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JF8eBb1MTMMD8

Since it seems to have a search function (that I could cut the wire of?); does anybody know if that one would work? That is to say, whether it “works” or not, would I be able to turn this radio into a spirit box, and is the only requirement that the radio has a sweep/search function? Thanks.



Comments