My childhood home was creepy

There’s been several incidents in my childhood home, it was built in the 50s. I’ll mention a few stories that stuck with me. Most my nightmares, if not all, even into adulthood, involves that house some way or another.

INCIDENT ONE In one incident I was sitting in the living room. It was the afternoon and one else was in the house, they were outside. As I sat in the livingroom I saw a teenage girl in the hallway, i saw her back, she had long black hair, a white shirt and gray skirt. She turned into my mothers room casually. I was so confused because I don’t have any sisters and we never had teenage girls around our house. I wasn’t scared though I thought my brother was doing something stupid, he does like pranking me. I called his name, no answer, so I went into the room and absolutely no one was there. I searched everywhere, no one. I left so confused. I couldn’t understand what just happened.

INCIDENT TWO I had a barbie doll I loved playing with. Now I just want to say that her head cannot move unless you put physical strength to move it - yup it gets creepy. One day as I sat in my room playing with her, her head moved so slowly and casually to look at me. I was a little bit scared then brushed it off. I pushed her head back, sat her down again. A few seconds later her head moved again to face me. I grabbed the doll and threw her in my dollhouse and closed my doll house shut. Ran out the room. Days later I took her out. It never happened again.

INCIDENT THREE I remember being woken up in the morning by the sounds of my parents whispering loudly next to my bed. I got so annoyed and groaned as I looked at them. They were speaking Swahili (their mother tongue which I didn’t really understand). I just groaned really loudly at them until they noticed. Their figures were like shadows, I thought my eyes were adjusting to the light. Finally my ‘mother’ spoke in English “my name are you okay?” And I replied “No, why are you both talking next to my bed?” My ‘father’ didn’t say anything which isn’t like him, they both didn’t respond and slowly turned their heads back to each other and continued talking. I gave one more big groan and covered my head. A little while later when the talking stopped I saw my actual mother walking past my room and she said “oh you’re awake!” And I said yeah you both woke me up talking next to my bed. My mother was so confused and asked me to clarify. I couldn’t believe I had to retell the annoying story. She said my father wasn’t even around they hadn’t spoken. Who the heck were those shadow people? Though they didn’t seem scary or dangerous to be honest. Just annoying.

CONCLUSION Look, in my adulthood I’ve experienced a couple things but nothing to the extent of my childhood experiences. I sometimes try to rethink these stories and come up with a logical explanation. At least as I’ve grown older I don’t get scared or anxious as I used to. But yeah, that house was creepy despite being beautiful.



Comments