I saw a ghost, I think.

First of all, I’m not a great writer but my story is real and I’d love some feedback. This happened when I was about 14 years old in 2004.

We moved around a lot when I was young. This particular home we had been living in a couple months when this event happened. It wasn’t the first unusual thing to happen in the house but it is the most vivid memory I have there and difficult for me to explain. I was living in a typical mid class neighborhood, ranch style home, 3 bedrooms, and a garage attached by a fully screened in breezeway.

We had a dog (Bella) and my dad frequently would get short tempered with her which leads me to the point of all the backstory here (sorry guys). I heard my father reprimanding her, shortly after that heard her yelping, some movement type noises and by this point I was standing in the dining room looking for her and my dad to diffuse the situation. From where I was standing I could see the entire kitchen,the entire dining room, through the sliding glass door into the breezeway, the back and front porch and the opening of the side door leading to the garage. In other words there was no area around the garage or the side of the house I was on that was not visible.

While looking out the glass door I saw Bella run into the garage yelping the whole way and my father walk up to threshold of the door following behind her. He stood there a second then proceeded inside. I quickly walked out the glass door to the garage to get her back in the house and out of his way. I got to the door threshold where I saw my dad walk in just seconds ago and called for Bella. At that same moment my dad called me from inside the house. I turned around and saw him sitting at his computer, Which was located on the other side of the kitchen. Impossible seeing as how I had just followed him out here. Bella darted past me back into the house and I ran back closely behind her. My stomach was in knots and my heard pounding, I could barely get a word out to explain what just happened but he could see the terror in my face, grabbed his knife and walked out into the garage, light switched on this time. There was nobody out there, garage was completely empty, there were no other exits without opening the garage door which we would have seen happen, not to mention it was the middle of the day. The garage, kitchen, dining room, breezeway- none of it was ever out of sight. Nobody could have snuck past unnoticed.

I thought it was my dad but never saw a face, I saw a man from behind, it looked like a person. No shadowy figure, no haze, no trick of the light in the middle of the day. It was terrifying and I still think about it all the time.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?



Comments