Weird room in a house in Ireland

I’m a massive skeptic when it comes to the paranormal, I believe there is a valid non paranormal explanation for 99% of things. However one thing that sticks with me when I think of this stuff is the feeling I got in a small room in Ireland over 10 years ago.

Bare with me, I realise this sounds like the start of a cheap B movie script.

So my family and I spent about two weeks in Ireland on holiday, probably around 2007. It was a small Irish town called Mallow. The house we had rented for the holiday was quite old with two floors and a large garden. By old I mean there was a log fire, old cobbled kitchen with a hefty metal stove, large wooden doors, dated wallpaper and curtains and was just generally horror movie-esque from first impression. We arrived at the house and the owner showed us round each room and informed us of the local area and things to note about the house. I was quite young at the time so I was slightly uncomfortable with the creepy vibe but we were all generally glad to have finally arrived after a long journey. We unpacked our bags for the week, selected and checked out each other’s rooms and had a look around the house for ourselves since the owner had left. We realised we didn’t pay attention to one room. The owner never mentioned the room and the door was locked. We tried a few keys from the bunch and eventually found one to unlock the door. I can’t remember who had entered the room first but we all went in there eventually. The room was at the front of the house. It had thick netting on the window with big dusty curtains, a large mirror on the wall opposite the window, a small round table in the centre of the room and a chair in each corner. The room was dead cold. Colder than the rest of the house and had an eerie silence to it. As a child my biggest fear was the paranormal, I did have a vivid imagination but that room made me uncomfortable. In that room your hair stood up on the back of your neck and your chest felt tight. It smelt musky and dusty. To make matters worse the room I shared with my brother was right above this room. So as you can imagine I had trouble sleeping for those two weeks.

I always think of that room. I’ve never felt a sense of dread that even matches the feeling of that room.

Has anybody had an experience like this? Where it’s not something that’s happened but somewhere that you’ve been that terrified you. Also why do you think the room was set out like that? And why do you think the owner never mentioned the room?



Comments