things blinking in and out of existence?

yesterday around midnight i was playing with my cat and some plastic zippers. they're used by the guards in the nearby supermarket to secure people's bags when they enter so they cannot open them and steal things. my cat loves them and playing catch and fetch with them. i was done to my last zipper and last throw, ready to call it a night. I threw it, it made a nice arc, my cat was already running after it, he jumped to catch it but right before a collision, the thing vanished. i was looking at it and one moment it was making a downward arc towards my cat, and the next there was nothing. my cat immediately turned to me with confusion, as he tends to do when i fake throw and he starts to run after it before realizing nothing was actually thrown. there was no noise of the plastic zipper landing anywhere (my floor is wooden but not the kind where there are holes), and i looked for it, even on my desk and table but couldn't find it. It's really like it blinked out of existence. Weirdly enough it's not the first time it happens. half a year ago around the time i moved into this small 1 room appartment, i was looking everywhere for my travel nail cuter. for the 10th time i looked into a small box where i have a lot of bathroom stuff (pincers, some samples, etc) and didn't find it again, until it quite literally fell into the box out of nowhere.

idk anyone has experienced something like that? it's just weird

edit; posted this from my phone and had to get up and open my computer to flair why is reddit mobile so mean



Comments