The Room at the Mill

So for the past 19 years I’ve lived in a newly built estate in place of an old paper mill, which has been around since the 18th/19th century and was eventually torn down for unknown reasons and houses were constructed.

I live in Kent, England and here’s some super unsetting stuff about my house.

My brother’s room has always been strange, from a young age we all didn’t like his room, it’s always felt odd. The first strange event was when my sister slept in there, she complained of a dream where there were hands coming through the walls.

The next event which was the most unsettling was my brother suffering an episode of sleep paralysis at the age of 8, he complained of a clown watching him through his bedroom window and I would’ve dismissed it as sleep paralysis but later that same week (I was 5 at the time) I got up to go to the toilet in the night, only to see the clown poking his head through my bedroom curtains, I’m happy to dismiss it as a bad dream.

Now let’s fast-forward a few years, I’m about 9 years old watching an old Pokémon VHS on the television in his room, and suddenly the screen cuts off, I go to the back to look at the plug and it’s been unplugged completely. After that I barely visited his room as I always felt this subconscious anxiety within it, and felt on edge, like I was being watched.

When I’m aged 11 things really start to get interesting, I had been taken ill by food poisoning, and had a vomiting episode within the bathroom, and needed help cleaning it up, I went to my brother’s room and heard heavy breathing in there, I opened the door slightly and called him quietly (as it was in the early hours of the morning). I could see someone under the bedcovers to which I called him louder, I had a sudden sick feeling in stomach when I remembered he was on a ski trip with his school in Italy, I quickly shut the door and went back to bed.

The year is 2010, I’m 12 at this point and my brother is 15, he comes into my room at night to shout at me for apparently running into his room and watching him sleep for long stretches of time, I knew I hadn’t and at the point my sister was at university, I asked him to describe the figure and he said it was a masculine build and had an uncomfortable aura.

2016, I’m around 18 years of age and I’m living with my parents, my brother has left home, I decide to have a house party and two of my friends slept in my brother’s room, they exited it halfway through the night and slept downstairs as they had apparently felt like they were being watched.

This year was eventful, several times when friends came over they’d complain about the room, claiming it was eerie and unpleasant to be in, my mum even avoids it when she sleeps somewhere else to avoid my dad’s intense snoring.

I live in a vast woodland area, I’m wondering if there’s some kid of dark history there, I’m wondering where I can access my area’s history as it’s quite small, there are plenty of other situations in my house that involve my brother’s room, here’s the most unsettling one:

His girlfriend stayed over, got up in the night (she’s apparently a sleepwalker) and began screaming hysterically and crying saying “fuck off fuck off leave me alone go away” sorta stuff.

Is there really a dark history in my village that’s been lost or are my family a bunch of nutjobs?



Comments