Sacramento Experience (Dyer Lane)

((Note: I re-posted this from a comment I did on another thread. I just want some answers. Here's the link to the original post and my original comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/comments/7nkxnj/dyer_lane_california_my_experiences_so_far/ )

Okay, so I literally live 5 minutes from Dyer Lane. I have lived here for 17 years now, and I have been up and down that road all times of the day and night (Walking, biking, or car). One of my friends used to actually live on Kasser Road (the road with the farms).

In the entire 17 years I have lived here I have had numerous paranormal experiences in my own home (infamously known for being haunted by a lot of people who have been to my house). With that being said I had never experienced anything before at Dyer Lane until April 20, 2018.

Yes, I was one of those people who would tell the "spooky" stories of Dyer Lane to anyone who had never heard of it just to get a kick out of people being scared. To be fair, my older brother did it to me, so I just passed on the tradition in our town of the tale of Dyer Lane.

I have done a lot of research on the paranormal or odd events that have happened around that road and I have come across a few different findings: 1) Back in the 1930's-1940's a group of KKK members used to have their meetings out on one of the farms out there, and may have (no actual recorded proof) hung a few people out there of various ages. 2) In the 1960's a group of high school girls formed an occult group that used to perform their rituals out in the cow fields. One source claims that one of the cult members lured her sister into the field, and used her as a human sacrifice to summon a demon. 3) Numerous sites have actually reported UFO activity out in the fields. There are dozens of reports of a football shaped object appearing in the sky and disappearing as well. That has actually been reported as recently as 6 months ago. 4) This one ties into the cult thing, but sources stated that a farmer was out in the field when he heard cult-like chanting. Some how he fell off his tractor and managed to get run over by it? This one I'm not even 50% sure I believe it. It's just what I have found. With all those stories being said I kind of grew up believing the tales of Dyer Lane was a bunch of bologna.

However, what I am about to state is the reason I am posting on here. I had to tell someone. My friend, call her "A" had never heard the stories or seen Dyer Lane. So I figured what the heck. I first took her down last week (before 4/20) at around 2pm. It was a nice sunny day, and during the day the road is actually a very pretty sight. I parked my car at the first bend, and we got out to walk about half way down the road and back. Nothing out of the ordinary happened then. A lot of car traffic, but that's nothing out of the ordinary.

Skip a few days to Friday, 4/20/2018. So, I am getting stuff from my house to stay at A's house for the night, and it was about 9pm. For shits and giggles, I was like "Hey, want to drive down Dyer Lane? You said you wanted to go at night." She happily agreed. Me living here so long and knowing Dyer Lane is literally within 5 miles of 3 High Schools on a National Stoner's holiday was figuring there would be a TON of traffic on that road at night. I was wrong...it was dead. So, I turn down from Watt Ave to Dyer Lane, and it was pitch black so I turned on my brights to see. When we first turned down the road there was no one else there. About a quarter of the way down the road we saw tail lights ahead of us. The closer we got the slower the car in front of us started going. Also, the closer we got to the car (it was a green SUV kind of old) the hair on the backs of our necks started to stand up. We make it around the first bend, and the car is maybe going 5 mph. You can see "people" in the car, but cant make out any features at all. The car starts to pull to the side of the road to let us pass, but everything inside of us is screaming not to pass the car. Also, I forgot to mention that I had my window down the whole time, and A had her window cracked, but not down. We approach the second bend, and literally everything inside me is screaming to not follow the car anymore since Kasser Road is darker than Dyer Lane. So instead of following after the car that had already turned, and disappeared into the darkness I start to turn around at the bend. I just finished backing up, and my window is almost facing Kasser Road when and overwhelming feeling of someone approaching my car came over me causing me to turn my head to look down the road at Kasser Road when I saw a tall, black figure running at my car. Not humanly running if that makes sense? It was moving in a direct line, no footsteps really heard since I had the radio on, but moving inhumanly fast. I instantly floored it back down the road towards the first bend. Neither A or I saying a word right away. I noticed out of the corner of my eye at A hesitated in wanting to roll her window down, but rolled it back up. I then spoke up "Did you feel that?" She looks at me a bit pale "You mean the figure?" I just kept my face forward as I turned back onto Dyer Lane, and the entire air around the road was dark and heavy. You could feel that something didn't want you there. I rolled my window up before I turned back on Dyer, and tried to drive as fast as I could. We both felt something intensely breathing down our necks. I didn't tell A about the figure I saw. She told me about the feeling she had about a figure approaching the car. That's when I told her what I saw. I haven't been back to Dyer Lane since.

Now mentioning that I have been living in a haunted house I have grown a bit sensitive to paranormal things. It's not something that I asked for, but I have grown accustomed to it. The older I get the more I notice and grow use to seeing. However, whatever I saw on Dyer is something I have never felt before. I haven't been able to get it out of my head. Same thing with another entity I have felt in Citrus Heights at a burned down house. I'll post more about that house if you guys want to hear about it.

I'm actually happy I'm not the only one to have an experience on that road. It had never happened before, and I used to go camping at the backyard of the house of my friend who lived on Kasser for years, and that was an experience in itself.

I would love some feedback from anyone on my experience.



Comments