Peeking kid

When I was 14 I used to live in a fairly old house next to the jungle in an island in Brazil. The place used to be a community wich later was abandoned and turned into a farm with a sugar cane/ cachaça mill and there are several stories about weird stuff that happened there before.

I used to spend my days watching TV like any dumb teenager and would often see shadows in that house. One day I was sitting in the couch as usual looking at the sceen when I saw in my peripheral vision a black kid’s head peeking from the hallway that was to the left. As I looked at it, I saw a glimpse of the head as it hid quickly.

The blood rushed in my body and I had an adrenaline discharge, grabbed a decorative rock from the table and ran over to the intruder to teach him a lesson about entering peoples homes without being envited.

The house was small and there weren’t that many places he could have hid or passed by without me seeing him. Did he just want to play?



Comments