One last visit from my little brother.

This story is a bit long.

First, a little background on my culture.

When a person dies, a funeral is held. After thirteen days, we hold a "soul release" ceremony to allow the deceased soul to leave earth and reincarnate.

My younger brother died of cancer a few months following my father. He was only 10. It was that time for his soul release ceremony. I was their briefly in the morning but returned home with my baby niece since ease was being restless at the place where the ceremony was held. She was maybe 2 or 3 at the time.

It was just the two of us and we were in the living room watching cartoons.

The couch I was laying on was parallel to the long hallway that goes through the house to each bedroom. The first door along this Hatay was the bathroom door and I have my back to it.

While watching cartoons, I could see from my peripheral that the bathroom door was slowly opening. The darkness of the empty bathroom easily contrasted against the white walls as the door slowly opened. I noticed the gap of the door was getting wider and wider and I didn't want to spook myself anymore than I already was, so I tried to ignore.

A few more minutes go by and somehow my niece had gotten out of my sight. Once I noticed she was gone, I immediately got up to look for her.

We had a door in the middle of the hallway that blocked off the remaining two rooms. As I made my wall down the hallway, this door immediate swings open. At this point I am freaked out. I looked in the first two bedrooms and found my niece in the master bedroom. She was in the far corner of the room and looked frightened but was not crying.

The master bedroom has these tall closet doors that line an entire wall, almost like cabinet doors. As I walked in, every single door (there maybe four or six of them) were swung wide open and it looks as if someone had gone through it.

I immediately grabbed my niece and stormed out of the house. I called my family and waited the rest of the afternoon in our car that was parked in the driveway.



Comments