My families experience with a cursed item

The title should actually read items, as there were 2 of them.

Back in the late 90’s, my family and I took a much delayed family vacation back to our homeland of Peru. There was nothing to unusual about the trip. Typical family gatherings and sight seeing ventures.

A few days before we left we visited one of my moms cousins who happen to have a husband who was in the travel and tourism industry. In conversion my mom let out that the only regret about the trip is that we didn’t get to visit Machu Pichu, the Incan Pyramid located in Cusco. My moms cousins husband said to hang on and he came back down with 2 mud vases. He said that he got them from the indigenous people who told him they were over 400 years old. He thought we would like them as a souvenir. Not seeing any harm, my mom accepted it.

Fast forward to coming back home to Canada. A week after arriving my father is greeted with the awful news that he Ionger has a job. My mom came down with cataract in both her eyes, one after the other and I got sick with the measles. My brother gained a ton of weight and my uncle who was living with us got arrested. On top of that, the house heater stopped working and the house became infested with rats. The only one who didn’t have anything bad happen was my kid sister.

Feeling the pinch of no money and getting desperate, my mom called my grandma in Peru and asked her for some money. In her convo she jokingly said maybe she should sell those vases. My mother describes that the convo with my grandma went from lighthearted to super serious. My grandma told my mom that those vases are to never be removed from its home soil and that it would curse all those who touched it. She said that the man who gave it to us is an idiot who should have known and that we need to send them back ASAP. First we need to give a blood sacrifice. So we all give ourselves a small cut and rub the blood on the vases. We didn’t allow my sister because she never touched them. My mom and dad were afraid she was going to break them so she never held them. That is the reason we assumed she was okay.

After we pay a ton of money that my grandma sent us to ship priority first class rushed, she received them and had them returned to Cusco. Within a month, things picked up for us. Everything seemed to have gone back to normal.



Comments