Don't Be Rude To Ghosts

My Great Aunt Lidia* owns and lives in my childhood home, which was her mother / My Great Great Grandmothers home as well. My Aunt and I are very close, and her opinion means a lot to me, so I decided that she should meet my boyfriend, since turned fiancé. Now, I already know my Aunts house is haunted by the spirit of her Mother, Her Mother's Cat, and most recently, my Great Uncle James*. They (my Great Great Grandmother and her cat) had been there since before I was, and my Uncle and I weren't close, but were on good standing, and I know he loved me, so I'm not afraid of him, either. But my boyfriend, was TERRIFIED of ghosts and spirits. He told me when we first met about his years growing up in an apartment haunted by what he believes to have been a demon, that liked to scare him, and do some pretty ugly things. Keep in mind that he was only about 6 years old when he and his family lived in this apartment, so I'm sure it was terrifying. So when we decided to go and spend a weekend at my Great Aunts home, I neglected to tell him about the spirits, because I knew he would refuse to come if he knew the truth. Besides, the spirits had never hurt of scared anyone before, so I figured that he'd be fine; we'd spend the first day there and I would tell him about the ghosts after he had seen for himself the house wasn't scary. So that's what we did, we packed a few things, and went to spend a weekend at her house. Everything went fine, until the second day. We woke up, and my Aunt had gone somewhere early in the morning, and wouldn't be back until later that afternoon. No biggie, we go about our day, eating breakfast, showering, etc. and I finally decide to tell him about the ghosts. So we're sitting in the living room, and on the opposite wall to where we were sitting there is a bathroom at the far right side, and the door was closed completely. As I start explaining about the ghost, he sort of laughs nervously and says, "you're lying, this house isn't haunted. Ghosts aren't real." I began insisting I wasn't lying, and he still firmly didn't believe me. Then, all the sudden, right after he said ghosts weren't real for the third time, the bathroom door swung open right in front of us. There was no way it could have been slightly ajar, as I had just used the bathroom, and closed it behind me, and we both heard the click of the latch sliding into place. So we froze and stared the door in silence for a few seconds, before finally, quietly, my boyfriend spoke again. "Did that door just" before he had the chance to finish his sentence, the door slammed shut again, hard. My boyfriend jumped up and ran outside, refusing to come back in. It took me 10 to 15 minutes to get him to come back inside, and out of the rain. I guess they didn't take too kindly to him saying they didn't exist.



Comments