4518 van tyle- The jade angel (#1 true stories)

4518 Van tyle : the jade angel

(These are stories that actually happened to me, I admit that as a child things are seen exaggerated- but Im writing them as close to the truth as I can..as these are MY Experiences. So please read these with an open mind.)

My uncle Willy was a simple sort of man, old looking but young in spirit. It surprised me to learn that he would only be turning 53 this year (2008) When to me he had always looked to be around his 60's or 70's even when I was young. He would amaze me with tricks and Indian techniques and Uncle Willy claimed himself to be an Indian shaman, I still believe that to this day.

Its not what you are that makes you something, Its how special you are that makes you something. And to me uncle Willy could have been an Indian chief. He would always give me invisible pennies and tell me it was a "shiny penny" and not to lose it- and to give it to someone else who needed it more- everyone thought I was crazy when I'd tell them "Here's a shiny penny!" and there would be nothing in my hand. but I would still pretend to hand one over, then I would tell them the same thing Uncle Willy would tell me. "don't lose it, but give it to someone else." They of course didn't find it as awesome as I did and would usually just give me a weird look and walk away. but I would never give up, I still give people shiny pennies to this day. Though usually they're REAL pennies when I do cash register, but the thought is still the same.

This particular story is about a gift that uncle willy had given me, it was a jade stone in the shape of a praying angel, there were no details on it but it was easy to tell what it was. The stone shined and I loved it so much that I wore it all the time, the string cord around my neck, and when I'd get scared I'd wrap my hand around the angel and I knew I'd be alright because Uncle Willy was with me.

Since I wore this necklace everywhere I wore it over to my dads house when I went there for the week during summer vacation. Dad lived on an old farmhouse with two barns in the backyard and loads of yard for us to play in- when I'd go there I'd play with My step sister Amber, who was roughly two years younger than me. She was a somewhat pudgy but cute blond haired girl with loads of freckles and really pretty blue eyes. We were always together back then- inseparable even.

When I went over there I showed her my necklace and she admired it for a few moments before she remembered something she wanted to show me- And took my hand and led me out to the barn, my dad was working outside and I said a quick hello to him before following Amber to the backyard.  Amber pulled open the door to the barn and it slid loudly on the hinges.

"Avery and I were in here the other day reading a Shel Silverstein book." Amber started, Avery was my younger cousin, a spoiled brat i don't really like very much, but back in those days her and her parents were over all the time for my dads parties. "We were sitting right here." She motioned towards one of the stalls, there hadn't been any animals in the barn for a long time so amber and I used it mainly for a hang out. "when Avery and I heard this squeaking sound coming from this direction." She said motioning towards the back door. The back door had a lever that you had to pull up and over to get it unlocked before opening it.

By this time I was getting nervous but I tried to keep my cool. I was always frightened of things like this. "Then what happened?" I asked nervously.

"Well... we looked out and we could see the door handle moving... like this-" She said walking over and moving the handle of the back door to demonstrate what she meant. "But there was no one out here but me and Avery. We got scared and ran into the house."

"Thats what I would have done..."

Amber looked at me once more. "So I wanted to bring you out here and see if it'll happen again."

"Oh how thoughtful of you for thinking of me...can we go inside now?" I asked moving towards the front door.

Amber grabbed me by the arm. "No you have to stay out here with me. please?"

Somehow that did it and we both sat in the same spot her and Avery had sat a few days before talking about things I don't remember what, but a few minutes in we heard a high squeaking sound, in my heart I knew what it was but I didn't want to believe it. Apparently i looked like I was about to scream because Amber made a shush motion by her lips and moved past me and looked out of the stable- Then she motioned for me to look, and I did-

And fucking hell the door handle was moving up and down on its own, terrifying me more and more each time, basically I hid behind Amber. and whispered "Maybe its just Joe trying to scare us.." Joe is my older brother who lived at Dads house with him, but I thought I heard that Joe was at a friends house for the night....

Amber being far braver than me moved past me out of the stable area I was hiding in and over towards the door, sneaking quietly on the hay strewn floor. I watched terrified from where I wasn't about to move but somehow Amber talked me into getting out of my cozy haven and following her terrified though I was.

Then she reached towards the back door and whispered "ready?"

I nodded in response since I couldn't find my voice at the moment and Amber grabbed the moving door handle and opened the back door of the barn, both of us looked out, expecting to see some ghostly figure grinning wickedly at us, but there was nothing but sunlight.

There was nothing there...

Almost immediately after Amber had shut the back door again from the side of the barn there was a loud BANG- Like something Huge has rammed itself into the side of the barn right where we were standing.

That did it- The two of us screamed and ran for the front door, I was holding my angel in one hand and trying to help Amber open the door with the other- I was scared, I was terrified- I wanted out of there.

When we finally opened the front door and got out, nearly falling over each other to do so, we realized that the loud bang was just my dad putting tools on the side of the barn. We told him how much he terrified us but he just laughed and said he was sorry. It was shortly after that that I noticed something was missing.

I thought I had had it in my hand but when I opened it I realized my jade angel was gone, I told Amber and nearly freaked out- that thing was so important to me how could I lose it? I JUST had it in my hand not seconds before, Amber helped me look for it all over the area we were in but to no avail, my jade angel was gone and I was sad.

That night I went to bed hoping that uncle Willy wouldn't be mad at me. Back then I was still able to stay in Ambers room with her and we had bunk beds, I slept on the top and she slept on the bottom. I would always sleep with all of me covered and just my face out between the railing so I could breathe.

I was awoken by something, I don't know what- Amber was sound asleep below me I could hear her, but when I opened my eyes, I went speechless, despite how much I wanted to scream I couldn't, nothing would come out.

There floating in front of me was a ghost, I know that sounds MAJORLY cliche, but its absolutely true- It was a fluorescent yellow color, with deep Black sunken eyes, It lit up the entire room. It didn't really do anything to make me think it would harm me, but I was still terrified. I couldn't speak, I couldn't move... I couldn't do anything.

Out in the living room I could hear that the tv was on- That meant that Chrissy was still awake, (Chrissy is my step mother and Ambers mom) in my mind I figured that if I could muster up the courage to call Chrissy and have her come in here then the ghost would disappear and leave me alone.

I don't remember when but I even distinctly remember Amber yelling at me to 'turn off the lights', And finally I got just enough courage to hide underneath my bedsheets. I don't know how long I was hiding, but I gathered up even more courage and peeked out, to my relief the ghost was gone. I was still terrified though, what if he came back since he saw that I wasn't hiding anymore?

So I took a deep breath and yelled loudly for Chrissy again and again, Amber didn't wake up and Chrissy never came, so grabbing my red blanket which I slept with every night and still do to this day, I slowly and carefully crawled over to the end of my bed and down the ladder, out of my room to the living room where Chrissy was. When I got out there I realized why she didn't hear me, she was sleeping and the tv was up really loud. I left it on- I didn't want to hear any more ghosts tonight. I went over to the other side of the couch and slept by Chrissy that night.

The next morning I woke up to Amber leaning over the back of the couch looking at me. I didn't waste any time in telling her about what I had seen last night, And Chrissy who was in the kitchen told me how much I had scared her since she didn't expect me to be sleeping there when she woke up.

After I was awake Amber and I went outside to look for my necklace again, Chrissy called us in soon after when we came inside I asked what was up.

Chrissy held out something in her hand. "Is this what you're looking for? I found it behind the couch when I had stepped on it." In her hand was my jade angel.

I was so overjoyed to see it again I took it from her and hugged it telling her I'd have to have my mom fix it when I got home.

But after the initial excitement I looked confused. How in the world did it get inside? When? And I KNEW I lost it outside in the backyard... Did the ghost bring it back to me? Was that what it wanted last night?

Amber motioned for me to follow her to the bedroom, she was just as amazed about the whole ordeal as I was once we got in her room and I hugged Chrissy and said thank you she asked to see the angel- so I handed it over to her.

She set it in the middle of her hand and opened her hand up, as soon as she did it cracked across the neck and head of the angel Broke off..

I never wore it again.

Amber still has it in a jewelry box somewhere, where she had put it so I wouldn't lose the pieces. But I never once went back to see it-

Its still there-

And I'm sure it will always stay there.



Comments