The white dog

I once took a girl out to a pasture to see the stars and listen to music. We were young and it was during a weird transition time in my life. I hadn't seen her in years and we met up and walked and talked. This was at around 3am.

We get up to the pasture and are lying there taking, when after a while we both see a white shape in the distance. Squinting at it be both figure out it's a dog, almost what you would imagine a patronus would be from Harry Potter. It struck me since I had a violin teacher years before with a dog that look exactly the same who lived a few miles away from this spot and died of a heart attack a year before this instance.

Either way I've just stumbled upon this community and haven't read many posts but figured I'd share. I remember the night clearly and remember dropping her off with us both sitting in my Volvo perplexed as fuck, listening to the trippy 4am local college radio station, wondering if we were dreaming or not.



Comments