Something weird happened to me as a kid

So I had a really strange experience that happened to me as a kid and I’m curious if anyone knows why or what it was. So I was about 5 or 6 years old and I had this giant castle bed that faced my closet. At the time I was very Catholic and lived in Southern California. I always had issues falling asleep at night because the dark scared me but this one specific night was just really weird. We had several cats and they always came in my room because there was a litter box there but that night all of them refused to come in or near my room. I climbed in my bed and as I was staring around my room hoping to fall asleep soon I saw something in my closet. It was one of those sliding closets with mirrors on them and inside was pitch black except for these huge eyes staring at me. They were completely red and didn’t have an iris and they blinked at me, I didn’t feel scared by it or threatened but I could feel that SOMETHING was in that closet and I should probably stay away. I got freaked out because to get out of my room I had to go down my ladder that was right by my closet and I didn’t want to startle it and make it attack me. I eventually went down my ladder and ran past it as fast as I could, when I got to the door and looked back it was staring right at me, completely emotionless. I ran to my parents and when they went in and turned on the lights it was gone.

For reference I only played with stuffed dolls or barbies and I checked to see if there was anything in there that could’ve mimicked what I saw, nothing. After that I felt like something was watching me in that room and when we moved I’d have these awful dreams about demons hunting me down or killing my loved ones. The only thing is that I never felt threatened by whatever it was, just freaked out by these huge red eyes watching me. Could it just have been my imagination or could there be more to this? Also I have no idea if this is related but growing up I used to hear a voice whisper my name, idk



Comments