Noises in my house at night

So ive been living in my house for around 11 years now and have never really experience anything out of the ordinary. never anything out of the ordinary anyways until recently. In the last 8 months i have began to notice that during the night there are always noises of people talking downstairs in my kitchen, The only thing in my kitchen at night is my dog who sleeps there and the door is locked at night so as to stop him getting out. It sounds like the voice of a man and for the life of me i swear i can recognise the voice but anytime i hear it at night and slightly open my door to listen i cannot hear it anymore. I at first thought this may be my father or brother but i have always made sure to check and sure enough anytime i hear it everyone in bed is fast asleep. The second thing i have noticed ( this one scares me the most ) When i sleep with my door open ( something i very rarely do) i can hear clear as day the noise of footsteps walking up the stairs and around the outside of my room and up the hallway. I initially thought that it may be the sound of heating pipes cooling down in the night giving the illusion of footsteps but they have been getting louder and louder with every night and one night i nearly called the police thinking i had a burglar in the house but when i went to look there was absolutely nobody there , no doors open, no windows open and again everyone fast asleep in bed. The final strange occurrence is that i can hear furniture move at night , from the living room to the kitchen and even in the spare bedroom i can hear the chairs sound like they are being dragged across the floor and have even come downstairs some mornings to see furniture has been moved , not by someone sitting down but literally to the middle of the room. My dog has never given any signs that he sees something ( which i know dogs sometimes do in times of paranormal activity). Only when i turned around 16 did my father tell me the first night before we moved in and he was staying in the house that he saw what looked like an orbish light move past him in the hallway and disappear into the wall. I never really believed him and to be honest have always been a skeptic about this sort of stuff. i maybe thought it was a light from a passing car that could have cause what he saw but now that all this stuff has started happening i would love to hear from someone who could maybe explain what it is that is going on ?



Comments