My Workplace is Haunted!

Hello r/Paranormal! I’ve come to share my paranormal experience with you!

A bit of background is that I work in a small family run tearoom in a tiny town near the sea and next a harbour (I won’t name it for safety reasons of course). The tearoom is said to be haunted by a ghost called Mother Leakey. This comes from a tale that back in the 1800’s Mother Leakey’s son stole from her (I think, but I’m not sure that’s correct) and became a merchant, and after she died she became very angry and would sink his ships and cause storms.

I believe that the tearoom is still haunted by this entity and I have three experiences that prove this.

The first one is very short, but we have a door with glass panes that leads to where we keep all our stock out back, and one day while I was alone in the kitchen, I heard a loud banging sound and a black shadow raced through this corridor extremely quickly. It was so quick that I blinked and it was gone, and there was no one out there and nothing that could’ve been that shadowy and moved so quickly.

The second is the weirdest. At our tearoom we’re locally known for having huge scones, maybe around the size of a large orange, a bit bigger even. And I didn’t see this but our chef was opening up early so she could bake some batches of scones and cakes before we opened. She left the kitchen to take a phone call and when she came back the scones were perfectly stacked on top of each other, and made a really tall tower. There was no one else working at the time and no one who would do this anyway, also, she never heard anyone come in or leave.

The third is the creepiest one I’ve experienced! I was in the kitchen and there was someone else there with me, and suddenly the same glass door I mentioned in the first experience slammed shut. And when I say slammed, it was so hard the whole frame actually shook, and there was no one behind that door, and my co worker never even moved. A weird laughter also followed it, it gave me goosebumps! We checked afterwards and there were no doors open in the tea room and no wind outside at all! Creepy stuff!

Thank you for reading! And if anyone sees this and has any questions I’ll answer to the best of my ability! :)



Comments