Maybe you guys would know.

So, I live out in the Midwest and every few months I drive back home to the East Coast to see my family. I really only have two options, take I-40 that eventually goes through the mountains in Tennessee and North Carolina or take the soon to be I-22 through Mississippi and Alabama.

Now I've made this drive 3 to 4 times a year for the past 6 years and it's a very boring 15 hour drive with just me and the dog but I get a lot of time to think. Well there is one trip that shook me so bad I almost decided to quit taking this route. Which leads me to my story and maybe an explanation.

On one of my trips about 2 years ago, I packed up and started making my way East like any other trip. I like to leave my house around 11 pm to 1 am to avoid traffic in some of the bigger cities I have to drive through so I am normally the only person on the road most of my trip.

So everything was going as normal, no traffic, dog was snoring away, music blasting away, and thinking about some of the things my parents wanted to do while I was home.

I get past Memphis where I-40 branches off to I-22 and for a split second I thought about taking the longer route but I wasn't wanting to drive through the mountains in my truck. Got to where city limits ended and I was on that long and empty highway.

Sure there's a few gas stations way off of the road but most were closed this time of night so I usually gassed up at the start of it and would top the tank off at the end of just for safe measure.

As were going, I thought the lack of sleep was catching up to me cause I could have swore I seen a dark vehicle in my review. I looked back and nothing so I kept going. Next thing I know, I see a car on the other side of the road and laughed like "Oh I wonder where the hell they're going this time of night." Thinking they were probably thinking the same thing.

All of a sudden, the headlights disappeared and I couldn't see the car anymore.

I've done some time in the military so I don't get scared easily but my mind went into "Oh shit! They just wrecked!" mode. So I immediately stopped and went running across the median looking for tire marks or anything leading to the wreck. I looked for 10 minutes and couldn't find anything. I seriously thought I was losing my mind.

I got back into my truck and grabbed my phone and went to dial 911 to report the possible accident, then I noticed taillights a little ways past where I thought the car was. I sat there for a minute then realized they were getting brighter and closer so I got back out again to try and flag them down to see if they were ok.

The car flew by me in reverse and with my headlights kind of pointing towards that car, no one was in it. The car went down the hill and that was the last I seen it.

I got back in my truck and drove the rest of the way as fast as I could to the nearest town and sat there till daylight trying to figure out what just happened to me.

To this day, I have no idea what happened and I was hoping someone here could maybe possibly explain to me what I saw.



Comments