I'm getting tired of being scared in this house.

I'm going to preface all of this by saying that I could very well just be a paranoid person when I'm alone, but nonetheless, I'll let you all know what's been going on.

I posted a few weeks ago about my door moving back and forth at night. I still don't have an explanation for this, and it stopped when my roommate returned from the field (Army).

Well, she left again yesterday afternoon for another week in the field, and sure enough, I was up almost all night so frozen in fear. I had gotten home from work and hanging out with a friend. I was getting the house all settled for bed by locking the doors, putting things away, etc. Right before I'm about to head upstairs to my room, one of my dogs starts freaking about by the garage entry door. He only acts the way he did last night when someone knocks on the door/rings the doorbell. I got really scared. I had already double locked the door and armed the alarm system, so I knew that if there were an actual intruder, they wouldn't be able to get in without breaking something and/or setting off the alarm system.

All the dogs just stood by this door whining and barking occasionally, and I just stood frozen in the kitchen, waiting to see if I would hear anything. I didn't hear anything, but the dogs didn't move.

After a few minutes, I went upstairs to my room but left a lot of lights on. All three of the dogs (two of them mine, one of them my roommate's) remained by that door for at least ten minutes. One of mine came upstairs to sleep with me.

Then I started hearing noises downstairs, and not really noises that the dogs could make. Just weird shuffling noises and like a door was being opened/closed. My dog that was sleeping with me would hear it and run downstairs, barking again. My other dog slept at the top of the stairs all night, unlike him, and would run downstairs barking as well. I heard these noises all night. I was just frozen with fear in bed. I eventually fell asleep around 3, but I don't want to do that every night until my roommate gets back like last time.

I saged the house--a lot of you all sent me messages suggesting that--after the last incident and things kind of returned to normal. I'm just really frustrated at this point and want to feel safe in my own home.

Why is this only happening when my roommate leaves? Could it have been the full moon last night? I've heard that can make dogs act strange. I'm just tired of being scared.



Comments