Hearing voices at night

I don’t know if this is the right subreddit but I’ll give it a try.

For the last months i have been hearing voices at night, i hear them in my head when I’m still wide awake but preparing to go to sleep. It’s always voices that i recognize, my friends and family, that just speak nonsense and have regular everyday-conversations. But i hear 10 different conversations all at once, i have always had the ability to either listen to them or turn them off so it has never really scared or bother me.

However, last night it got to an extreme level. I had just layed bed in bed and closed my eyes, and the voices started. It was my classmates talking at a club, dancing, from what i could hear. Which makes sense, cause i had just come home from a club nigh out. (NOTE: i had not been consuming any alcohol or drugs and there is no chance i have been drugged, it was a sober night).

This time they were louder and started to bother me. I tried turning them off the way i usually do, but they just became even louder. I tried to focus on my breathing and placing objects in my room to get my attention to something else, but then they started to scream my name, all of them. The more i tried turning them off, the loudet they screamed my name. This was the first time they spoke directly to me. And all of a sudden i heard a deep dark laugh, but this was not in my head, i heard it from the corner of my room. This really scared me and i stayed up awake for awhile. Later when i gave my sleep another try the voices started again, i had to call my mom who then layed with me in bed until i finally fell asleep.

This started a couple months ago, when I started meditating frequently. But it’s been months now since my last meditatesession.

Anyone else that have experiences this? Does anyone know what i experience?



Comments