Hearing pounding on front door at 3 AM


This is all completely true.I live with my girlfriend and the first time we experienced this was two nights ago at 3:06 AM. I know because I got up to look out the peephole and make sure the deadbolt was set. We were both so out of it that the whole thing escaped our minds until last night.It happened again at 3:12 AM last night. This time it was louder and more persistent. Terrified, I approached the door slowly and lightly and the knocking stopped. When I looked out the peephole I saw something I couldn't look away from. Its position didn't give me a full view, but I saw what looked like the head of the demon things from the game Twilight Princess.It was completely black, without a shade of normal skin color. And the skin of the head seemed to match the color of the tentacle-like hair. I had never seen anything like it. I'm not one of those people with a bunch of ghost stories. I'm extremely skeptical. So I just kept staring until eventually it moved slowly out of view.I go back to bed, petrified. My girlfriend was trying to calm me down but I could hardly speak. I was thinking my life will never be the same after witnessing that. It didn't look human. I saw the "hair" floating and waving, like it didn't conform to gravity. It stayed in the form of those thick, black tentacles.Then the banging starts again, only with even more intensity. It sounded like someone trying to break in at this point. So I grab a knife and tip-toe back to the door to look again through the peephole. My girlfriend follows closely behind me. This time, when I look out the peephole I see a normal-looking person. Definitely smaller than me. So I slowly open the door while fortifying it with my arms and legs in preparation for a break-in attempt.It's a young woman, maybe 25. She's wearing a black hoodie even though it's basically summer in Phoenix. She looks at me intensely for a couple of seconds before calmly explaining that she was sorry and that she'd thought it was someone else's apartment. I literally exclaimed "Jesus Christ!" and she just nonchalantly walked away and down the stairs.I'm tripped out on so many levels. One, I didn't get a wink of sleep afterward and now I'm at work completely exhausted. Two, what the FUCK was the first thing I saw in the peephole? Three, I remember hearing the banging sounds coming from a bit of a distance. Both nights, it sounded like before they came to my door they were banging on other doors nearby. Sounds a lot like a robber, or worse, scoping out potential victims.I live in a pretty safe suburb of Phoenix without a lot of crime, so this is extremely unusual. I just woke up a little over an hour ago so I'm still kind of putting together the pieces. But yeah, suggestions? Similar experiences? Creepy stuff in general? 

Comments