A quarter I found kept changing

So I was just walking back from school when I saw an American quarter out of the corner of my eye, just sitting on one of the bars of a sewage drain. I have always been interested in coins, just the thought of how they travel to so many places and can be so old always fascinated me, so of course, I picked it up and checked the date. To my surprise, I saw that it was made in 1952, so of course, I kept it.

Like I had mentioned, I have always been fascinated by coins, and at home, I have my own collection, coins from different countries, wheat pennies, the usual. But since this one was so old, I set it up beside my bed, with a few other of my most prized coins. And that was that, or at least I thought it was.

Slowly, as I woke up each morning, I began to notice things changing in the quarter. At first, it was small things, like the letters shifting, seeming longer or thinner than they were before. I had just dismissed this as being tired after waking up. But once the date began to change, I realized that something really strange was happening. Each day, the date would go back one year, slowly but surely. Eventually, even George Washington's face began to change, slowly turning to face forward, towards me.

The quarter slowly began to drain at my health, with me not wanting to sleep because I knew it would be different in the morning. I tried hiding it away, but I kept finding myself going back to look. So one day, I just couldn't take it anymore, and I threw it into the river near my house.

So do you guys have any ideas about what it might be? I can't be going crazy, can I? I have no history of mental illness, and I have no one in my life that might do this as some sort of elaborate prank.



Comments