A Creature at Grandmas House

This is my first time posting, and if I'm being honest probably the only 'paranormal' thing that's ever happened to me, so I apologize if this isn't the right place.

I should preface, I was the least imaginative kid in the world. I hated playing with dolls or pretend games because I couldn't see anything other than what was actually in front of me. I've also never had an imaginary friend despite being one of the shiest kids you've ever seen. Anyway.

My moms parents used to live in a small town in Alabama, a town that we lived in twice (military family, we moved a lot), so it wasn't out of the ordinary to sleep there when we visited. My grandparents only had two rooms for guests to sleep in. One was a actually a screened in porch out back that they put carpeting, a bed, and a TV in. The other was a room at the front of the house facing the street. Typically my two older brothers would take the back room and my mom and I would take the front. The front room was really small and had a full bed, two chairs, and a dresser. The bed and one of the chairs were on either side of a window that showed the front yard and the street beyond. The other chair and the dresser were on opposite wall next to the door. I promise, all this detail has a purpose.

On one of our visits all four of us came and we took our usual sleeping arrangements. I was very young at the time (probably 4 or 5) so my mom and I slept in the full bed together. I was sleeping between the wall and her and she took the edge. Now I've been a night owl all my life and never fell asleep easily and that night was no different. I was wide awake, tossing and turning when a car drove by and the lights came through the window. I was facing the chairs and when the headlights hit the chair near the dresser I saw a creature sort of shift up and turn to look at me. I can only describe this thing as the offspring of gollum and a gargoyle. It was small, about the size of a medium sized dog, but it was squatting on the chair so it could've been bigger. It's arms were pulled into its body like you'd imagine a Disney witch when she's rubbing her hands together making an evil plan. It said something to me but it's been over a decade and a half at least so I can't remember. I do remember it spoke English. Obviously, I was terrified. I must've blinked because it disappeared in an instant. I didn't sleep the rest of the night. I told my mom about it the next day and she brushed it off saying I must've been tired and saw the print of the chair move when the headlights went by. I wish I could say that seemed likely but nope, whatever I saw had depth, and an entirely different 'skin' color from the chair. I slept in that room maybe 3 times after that over the course of 10 years until my grandma sold it, and every time I did I would turn the chairs around to face the corners.

Now I don't feel too strongly one way or the other about the paranormal, I think ghosts, demons, monsters, whatever COULD be real, but that doesn't mean they 100% are. But I have absolutely no explanation for what that thing was. All I know is I can remember it to this day, something I wouldn't be able to do if I'd just imagined it. If anyone has any idea what this thing could've been I'd love to hear!

TL; DR I saw a creature in my grandparents guest room when I was 5, it spoke to me and then disappeared.



Comments